When is a £1 worth £1.25?
When you Gift Aid it!
Gift Aid is a simple way to increase the value of your donation to IWSB. If you are a UK taxpayer, we can claim 25p from the government on every £1 donated at no extra cost to you. That means your £10 donation is worth £12.50 to us, and a £100 donation is worth £125!
- You must be a UK tax payer. To Gift Aid, you must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities and Amateur Sports Clubs you give to will reclaim on your Gift Aid donations in the same tax year; this also applies if you pay tax on your savings, pension plan or investment income. Other taxes such as Council Tax and VAT do not count for this purpose.
- You can only claim Gift Aid on a personal donation, not on behalf of a group, a public collection or on behalf of someone else.
- You must complete a valid Gift Aid declaration.
It is important that the wording contains all the information that HMRC requires, so you will find a pre-printed declaration on our donation form along with our sponsorship form.
To Gift Aid your donation:
We just need you to complete a Gift Aid declaration, which will cover your future donations and all the donations you have made for the past four years.
- Make a single donation online and add Gift Aid.
- Download the Donation and Gift Aid form and return to: Lisa Hollyhead, Finance Officer, Millbrooke House, 137 Carisbrooke Rd, Newport PO30 1DD.
- Call our Headquarters for a form on 01983 522205.
- Sponsorship Form can be downloaded here
Please remember to let us know if you have changed your name or address.
For a full explanation of Gift Aid, visit the HMRC web site.