Salary: £32K (28 hours per week, over 4 or 5 days)
Location: Isle of Wight
We are working in partnership with the Isle of Wight Society for the Blind to find a new Chief Executive from Spring 2017. The IWSB was established in 1865 to provide help and support for blind people and also to those residents of the IW who live with sight impairment. They provide many services to the local population and are entirely reliant on public donations and legacies. The charity works closely with schools, businesses and special interest groups and was awarded the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service in 2014.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
· Leading and managing the staff team and volunteers of the organisation
· Working closely with the Board to implement and deliver the vision and long-term strategy
· Taking responsibility for financial management and preparation of budgets
· Developing operating policies to ensure programmes are implemented effectively
· Maintaining effective networks and relationships with supporters, partners and stakeholders
· Develop income generation strategy
· To enhance IWSB’s impact and profile locally and regionally
The successful candidate will have a proven record in management preferably but not exclusively, in the voluntary sector. This should include developing high level policy, structures and influences through national and local government. Staff leadership and developing relationships is key, alongside skills in governance and financial management. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential together with a positive and proactive approach. To apply for this role, please e-mail your CV and Supporting Statement to Jenny Warner, Director, Charisma Recruitment Ltd to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 1612-16.
Closing date: 25 January
Interview Date: 13 February